CRANES AND DERRICKS
- General Requirements
- The employer shall comply with the manufacturer’s specifications and limitations.
- Rated load capacities, recommended operating speeds and special hazard warning or instructions shall be posted on all equipment and be visible from the operator’s station.
- Equipment shall be inspected before each use and all deficiencies corrected before further use.
- Accessible areas within the swing radius of the revolving superstructure shall be barricaded.
- Except where electrical distribution and transmission lines have been de-energized, and visibly grounded at point of work, or where insulating barriers not a part of or an attachment to the equipment or machinery have been erected to prevent physical contact with the lines; no part of a crane or its’ load shall be operated within 10 feet of a line rated 50kV, or below, 10 feet + 0.4 inches for each 1 kV over 50 kV for lines rated over 50kV, or twice the length of the line insulator, but never less than 10 feet.
- When a crane is being used on a job, someone familiar with proper crane hand signals will be used.